01 November 2011

Squeaky Clean

I've discovered the world's greatest face cleanser...  COR Soap!  I purchased it off a recommendation from a blogger that was paid to try it out by the manufacturer.  She was very happy with it and so am I.  I know everyone has different skin types and cleansers may have fluctuating results on each person... but for my skin type COR soap is amazing.

First off it contains silver (*sparkly*)!  Well actually it is nano-silver, which is an antibacterial technology derived from nano-particles of silver (I still love my science).  The other ingredients are palm oil, glycerine, aloe, avocado, vitamin A, C, D, and E, CSC compound, pomegranate extract, squalene, and silica.  You can pronounce all of them.  Being a chemical engineer this isn't really a deal breaker for me (I know chemicals can be good, but I understand "natural" is desirable for some people).

Don't freak out when you see the cost.  The large bars of soap are over $100.  I purchase the small travel size for $12 on Amazon.  The travel size is 10g, check out my picture below next to a quarter.

 
The web site says this will last 2 weeks, but I assure you I've used it every night and it lasts MUCH longer than that.  Here are some tips to making your bar soap last longer:

  • don't store it in your shower
  • when not in use, wrap the bar in plastic wrap so no humidity penetrates the soap
  • wet your face with your hands, then place the bar in between your palms for only a second and rub once or twice, put the bar down and rub your palms together vigorously to get a good lather (only wet them a little more if you need a bit more lather) 
This soap can do amazing things for you.  I've never had problem skin, but I still get the random acne here or there and some of it lingers for a long time.  I also get red blotches of skin and am pretty sensitive.  This soap has completely cleared my skin and evened out the skin tone.  I never even thought that was possible.  Your skin feels clean after, has a nice mild clean scent, and as long as it isn't the dead of winter you don't even feel the need for moisturizer because it doesn't completely dry you out.  

I love this facial cleanser so much that I would actually purchase one of the larger, expensive bars when this travel one is complete because this is my cleanser for the rest of my life.      

6 comments:

  1. What, no picture of you washing your face?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would have been a difficult picture to take myself... but my roommate agreed to help in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...that's quite the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dad loves your pictures that you post with your blogs.. must 'run in the family'

    ReplyDelete
  5. do you know anything about Cor's silver lotions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the lotions specifically, but I checked out the ingredients on their web site and they all look really great. I couldn't find any reviews for the lotion on line either. I would contact the manufacturer and see if they have any sample sizes available. Then you can try it out before purchasing an expensive product. Most companies will provide sample sizes for free or a discounted rate if you just inquire. I provided a link to their "contact us" website.

      http://www.corsilver.com/Communicate_With_Us_s/50.htm

      Delete