11 October 2011

You can change the look without a ton of effort

When I was a kid my sister and I loved to rearrange the furniture of our rooms.  It was fun to change the look of something you see everyday.  Needless to say I can't seem to ever find something I like and stick with it (note my many hair color/style changes of the last 4 years).  So I was in need of a semipermanent way to spice up my bedroom decor.  I came across what I think is an easy... ok more like easy-ish... way to reinvent a room without a total overhaul.

Introducing.... wall decals!  They are easy to stick/easy to remove patterns or pictures that can be placed when the mood strikes and be removed without any wall damage.  I purchased mine with a Groupon at Dali Decals.  Dali has everything from kids themes to nature to script lettering.

The tree I bought came rolled in a large tube with some instructions (I went on line to see a tutorial as well) and an applicator and I used for the large pieces.  The great thing about this company was they sent me extra random things to fill the sheet of tacky paper my decal came on.  So I ended up with my tree plus an owl, pigeons, fleur de lis, and butterflies.



I'll admit it took me awhile before I even attempted to put this huge tree up.  Once I laid it all out I realized it was going to be a lot of work... so the roll sat in a corner... for a few month.  When I started to panic that my cleaning person might start judging me if I don't do something with it soon, I opened it up and started.

I recommend 2 people for the larger decals.  The trunk of my tree came in 4 large pieces and I wish I had had someone to help me.  I almost gave up... but then how disappointed would the cleaning person have been?  :-)

BEFORE 

DURING

Perhaps I should have kept this look through the fall...

and... AFTER

I can tell you that I have already removed leaves and put on new ones (in a slightly different arrangement).  The decals are very easy to remove and cause no damage to the wall.  They are just like colored tape but the texture looks like paint.  

If you decide you are going to do some decals (or want any of my extras haha) feel free to post any questions in the comments section.   

Check back next week for my advice on expensive beauty products and are they worth it?  (Hint - you probably won't like my answer)  

No comments:

Post a Comment