12 October 2011

Everything you need... in one tube!


This is Dr. Jart's Premium Beauty Balm.  It is a beauty balm (i.e. tinted moisturizer, for us normal folk) with SPF 45.  It protects against both UVA and UVB rays.  The active ingredients have also been shown to have anti-aging properties (if you are over 25 you should consider an anti-aging routine, it is easier to protect what hasn't yet been damaged than to repair).  

So I was psyched to see Dr. Jart's BB as one of the 3 free sample options when I was checking out at Sephora after reading about it in some magazine or website.  The sample tube I have is 0.33 ounces (think size of your pointer finger), but it has lasted a long time.  A trick I have for tubes like this is when the product runs low is you can take some scissors and cut the tube in half then, when you are done using the product simply smush the two sections together.  It isn't exactly pretty, and what is left dries up quicker... but you get to use a lot more of it than if you threw it away when you can't squeeze anymore out.  

You need to use very little of the BB cream at a time.   I apply with a stippling motion utilizing a sponge that I quickly run through the faucet.  I use this sponge, which it seems every makeup artist is obsessed with and I like a lot.  The coverage from this moisturizer is enough to skip foundation, yet it doesn't feel heavy at all.    

When my tube eventually runs out I'll be buying a full size bottle from Sephora.  I did a quick google shopping search and it appears to be the cheapest there.  If you would like to purchase a full size (1.4 ounces) tube click here.  

As a side note one of my favorite bloggers, Jordan Reid from ramshackleglam, also loves this product.  She raves about it here.  

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. I'm afraid of tint. :) What if it looks all wrong on me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many pharmacy stores, like CVS, will let you return even opened products for credit... but you cannot buy this from CVS. So no luck there.

    It blends nicely with all skin tones (that is one of the differences between a foundation and tint). BUT if you don't love it I will buy it off of you rather than purchase a new tube.

    ReplyDelete