16 October 2011

Make your own lavender water

I like to use lavender water on my sheets before bed because it helps me relax and sleep.  Sometimes I also use it to iron with or as a body spray.  If you go to buy some in the store it is typically over $10 (check out the prices on google shopping).  Here is an easy way to make some yourself at home.

You will need the following


  •  ~ 1 cup of water (it should be distilled because it will hold the scent longer, but I just use tap because it is easy)
  • 1 ounce of vodka (this will preserve the scent as well), doesn't need to be the good stuff but this is what I had lying around
  • 1/2 teaspoon of essential oil (in this case lavender)
  • spray bottle (I used an empty body spray bottle that had been washed)
Simply combine all the ingredients in the spray bottle and shake.  Then spray everywhere!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment