01 May 2012

So I went on a bit of a spree


That is the loot I picked up today at the mall.  Some of it was refilling or replacing stuff I already have, but I'll admit some of it I didn't NEED.  As you can see I went to three stores 1) Bare Minerals 2) Nordstrom and 3) Sephora.  I enjoy shopping at all 3, but I need to tell you how much I LOVE Nordstrom.

The quality of service you get there is like no other.  Every time I've shopped there I have felt like I had such personalized service.  Each sales associate made me feel like I was an important customer.  One time I was trying on dresses and the associate thought the dress would be so much more flattering on me if it was a few inches shorter (and she was right).  So she called the seamstress for me and had the dress hemmed while I shopped... for FREE.  They really go above and beyond.  Its amazing!  I love this store so much I've already thought about how there isn't one in New Hampshire, and if I move there (which is possible one day) then I'll be completely bummed.  At least you can buy on line!  

Anyway, back to my fabulous experience there today.  While there I had assistance from a beauty associate almost as soon as I walked in.  He didn't work for a particular brand in the store, so he was able to help me with all my purchases (perfume and two different brands of makeup).  I was there to purchase Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner, but based off his recommendation I got the Yves Saint Laurent Effet Faux Cils Eyeliner instead.  By the way, the reason for his recommendation was that the Bobbi Brown eyeliner tended to gunk up after  decent amount of time.  Seeing how you use very little at a time, I thought it best to get one that might not clump over time.  I was so happy to have an honest opinion from someone who knew all the brands and not just the opinion of someone who works for Bobbi Brown (who would obviously never have recommended the Yves Saint Laurent brand).

Best part was we got talking and I mentioned I was purchasing products to try out for my blog and he grabbed me some samples.  Check out the free stuff he gave me.


I'm so excited to try out my new stuff (both purchased and free).  Reviews to come shortly!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment