12 April 2012

The secret for young looking hands

Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize (and use SPF).  I keep lotion everywhere.  There are probably 15 different types in my bathroom, 3 at work, at least 1 in the car, and one in my purse.  Each one has different things about them I like... some are great for soft hands, others are better on larger parts of my body like my legs, some just smell nice.

My hands down (no pun intended) absolute favorite one is the Aveda hand relief moisturizer.  Check out the picture below of it on my desk at work (where I most frequently apply lotion because the antibacterial soaps in the dispensers there are really drying).



I realized it was my favorite when I had all intentions of leaving it at work, but noticed I was always throwing it into my purse because I wanted it with me all the time.  Everyone else seems to love it too because it has a 5 star rating with 1,091 reviews on the Aveda web site.  

I purchased this small 1.4 ounce tube style bottle at my local spa.  I had been there for a treatment and used the sample container on the counter on the way out.  I loved the way it felt on my hands, and the subtle lemony scent was divine (and gender neutral).  It was completely non greasy too.  The lotion can be rather pricey ($8-$15 depending on if you buy in a store or need to pay for shipping), but I promise that just a small amount is very effective.

The ingredient list has a lot of stuff, but most of them are moisturizers (obviously), plant extracts, anti-inflammatory ingredients, emulsifiers, surfactants (soap like substances), emollient (softeners), fragrance, and preservatives.  Nothing out of the ordinary.  

Here is a link to the Allure magazine review.  The reviewer thinks it smells like orange-lavender-eucalyptus.  I got lemon, but I'm sure it's slightly different for everyone.

You know that feeling when you are parched and you finally have some water?  Your hands are probably wishing you would give them that same relief right now.  So go ahead and slather them up, then reap the benefits.    

1 comment:

  1. And drink lots of water! I also have this one at my desk, but I'll probably be replacing it with a NYR product soon. I have new favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete