02 February 2012

Bad Hair Day?

One of my favorite ways to look put together (even if you aren't feeling so put together) is to do a braid.  I love braids.  Pigtails braids, french braids, waterfall braids, reverse braids, and the Lauren Conrad braid are some of my favorites.  They look really cool and can be pretty easy to do.  In some cases the messier the better it looks.

The braid below is one I did on my roommate the other night.  She has VERY thin hair, but this looks great on both thin and thick hair.


To do this braid you part your hair slightly to one side.  Divide a small section of hair on the larger side into three sections.  Start a french braid, but only add sections from the top of your head into the three strands.  Once you have added about 5 sections of hair from the top of your head (or you are far enough back that you feel comfortable) continue a normal braid alternating crossing the side sections of hair over the middle.  Secure the bottom of the braid with an elastic (I like these clear ones that you can find at any drug store).

This braid pulls your hair away from your face and adds just a little something special to your look.  Don't be discouraged if it takes a few tries.  I find that braids actually require some concentration to do them right... maybe that is just me though LOL....  

As a side note, the braid above is the exact opposite of a waterfall braid.  For the waterfall you french braid the small section of hair only each time you drop the piece you pull from the top straight down and through the braid.  Next time I do this I'll take a picture of it.

 

3 comments:

  1. I think you will need to show me this one in person... But I would like to try it. I wouldn't mind some simple hairdo's to keep my hair out of my face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try to do this again this weekend and take step by step detailed pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Video.... I think you would make great videos!

    ReplyDelete